Group therapy can augment individual treatment plans, and sometimes it even replaces the one-on-one sessions completely. Group therapy provides a safe setting for real-life interaction with each other. In this environment, group members can discuss their problems honestly and give each other feedback and positive reinforcement. Groups provide a setting in which members can learn to identify, understand and express their feelings accurately to others.
Led by a therapist, members are encouraged to share their thoughts openly, but at their own pace. Group therapy can provide a sense of community that greatly enhances the psychological healing process.
- Groups are currently being held in Atlantic and Council Bluffs.
- Groups last from 1-2 hours a week.
- The price of a group therapy session is significantly less compared to individual psychotherapy. However, group therapy is not for everyone. Please consult your therapist to find out if group therapy is right for you.
STEPPS – A treatment for Borderline Personality Disorder
- Evidence based
- Group format
- Psychoeducational approach
- Manual driven
- Cognitive behavioral model + skills training
- Teaches a common language
- Confronts early maladaptive schemas (cognitive filters)
- Includes reinforcement team
This program helps with becoming more successful in all areas of life.